• Thermally Protected IC housing.
• Designed for accent and task lighting applications.
• Wire through junction box.
• Preinstalled adjustable bar hanger.
• Dependable, favorable design and effortless installation.
• 7-1/4” height allows use in 2”x 8” joist construction.
• Special screw on the frame locks bar hangers in place which prevents the housing from any movement once installed.
Small aperture thermally protected, specification grade recessed housing. For new construction IC rated applications. Accommodates up to 19W CFL GU24 lamps. Furnished with preinstalled adjustable bar hangers. Junction box is provided with four 1/2” KOs, one 3/4” KO and four Romex knockouts with strain relief.
A. HOUSING - High temperature painted 22 gauge deep drawn single piece housing. Adjusts vertically in plaster frame to accommodate 1/2” to 1-3/8” ceiling.
B. SOCKET- GU24 BASE is screwed to the top of housing but can be removed to snap into socket supporting trims.
C. BAR HANGERS - Preinstalled bar hangers allow housing to be positioned and locked at any point within a 24” joist span and can be shortened for 12” joists. They contain a doubleheaded real nail for secure attachment into the joist. Bar hanger nails are installed on a 20º downward angle for better contact, and the 90º pivoting mounting plate makes installation fast and accurate. Bar hangers can fit onto T-Bar spline with additional slots and holes for special mounting methods if necessary.
D. JUNCTION BOX - UL and ETL listed for through-branch circuit wiring and has four 1/2” KOs, one 3/4” KO and four Romex knockouts with true pry-out slots and strain clamps.
E. THERMAL PROTECTION - Standard thermal protection device guards against improper installation, overlamping and misuse of insulation material.